I. Personal Information of California Residents Which 1-800 Dentist Collects:
1-800-Dentist collects the below referenced categories of personal information from California Residents. Additionally, 1-800-Dentist collected the same below referenced categories of personal information from California Residents within the last twelve (12) months prior to the current annual effective date of this Privacy Notice:
- Identifiers. Examples include the following: name, email address, telephone number;
- Commercial Information. Examples include information regarding California Residents' interaction with the 1-800-Dentist website(s) and the commercial services selected by California Residents from 1-800- Dentist;
- Geolocation Data. Examples include IP address;
- Sensory Data: Examples include audio records when California Residents call 1-800-Dentist;
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). Examples include payment information, and medical or health insurance information; and
- Internet or other similar network activity. Examples. California Resident's interaction with a 1-800-Dentist website, application, or advertisement etc..
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified to create a profile about a California Resident reflecting the California Resident's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. Examples. 1-800-Dentist ability to access California Resident visit and history information in interacting with 1-800-Dentist website(s) and the services/products offered by 1-800-Dentist.
1-800-Dentist does not receive California Residents credit or debit card or banking related information in connection with the services it provides to them. Any medical or health information collected by 1-800- Dentist is voluntarily provided by California Residents and is not required to use 1-800-Dentist's services.
Personal information does not include any of the above referenced information if such personal information is (i) publicly available information from federal, state, or local government records or (ii) de-identified and aggregated personal information. Additionally, CCPA does not apply to any personal information received by 1-800-Dentist which is already covered or otherwise protected by state specific or federal statute such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA); the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA) etc.. In addition, rights of California Residents under the CCPA is further limited and/or restricted by 1-800 Dentist's efforts to comply with federal, state, or local law; a civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation; a subpoena or summons; cooperation with law enforcement agencies; or exercising/defending legal claims.
II. Sources of California Resident Personal Information Collected by 1-800 Dentist
1-800-Dentist obtains the categories of personal information listed above in this Privacy Notice from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from California Residents or their authorized agents. For example, you or someone you authorize on your behalf may call us or use our website(s) to obtain dentist office referrals from us.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on 1-800-Dentist's website(s). For example, from your submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties such as marketing partners and dentists that interact with1-800-Dentist in connection its services/products.
III. Use of California Resident Personal Information Collected from 1-800 Dentist
1-800-Dentist may use or disclose the personal information it collects for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, you may provide 1-800- Dentist with personal information such as name, telephone number and email address in order for us to provide you a referral to dentists near your location;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from 1-800-Dentist;
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning 1-800-Dentist products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest;
- To enter into and perform 1-800-Dentist obligations and enforce 1-800-Dentist rights arising from the business relationship between 1-800-Dentist and you and/or the business relationship/contracts/engagements between 1-800 Dentist and its partners, service providers and clients;
- To improve 1-800-Dentist website(s) and present its contents to you;
- For testing, research, analysis and product development;
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of you and 1-800-Dentist and/or its service providers, partners and clients;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- As described to California Residents when collecting their personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by 1-800-Dentist is among the assets transferred, provided that California Resident personal information is used or shared consistently with its original purpose; and
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve 1-800-Dentist responses.
1-800-Dentist will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information it collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing notice to California Residents.
IV. Sharing California Resident Personal Information Collected by 1-800 Dentist
1-800-Dentist discloses California Resident personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose. Prior to disclosing personal information to any third party, 1-800-Dentist enters into a contract with the third party which requires the third party's certification to keep personal information confidential and not further use, collect or sell California Resident personal information for any business or commercial purpose except as necessary to perform the contract between 1-800-Dentist and the third party, as well as requires the third party to institute reasonable security measures to protect the security of California Resident personal information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months prior to the current annual effective date of this privacy notice, 1-800-Dentist has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose to third parties: (i) Identifiers, (ii) Commercial Information; (iii) Geolocation Data; (iv) Sensory Data; (v) Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (vi) Internet or other similar network activity; and (vii) Inferences drawn from any of the information identified to create a profile about a California Resident reflecting the California Resident's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. 1-800-Dentist discloses personal information for a business or commercial purpose to the following categories of third parties: 1-800-Dentist clients, and 1-800-Dentist service providers and/or partners.
V. Sale of California Resident Personal Information by 1-800 Dentist
1-800-Dentist does not sell and will not sell California Resident personal information. Any future sale of California Resident personal information will require an amendment to this Privacy Notice informing California Residents of their rights prior to any sale of their personal information by 1-800-Dentist. In the preceding twelve (12) months prior to the current annual effective date of this Privacy Notice, 1-800-Dentist has not sold any California Resident personal information.
Under the CCPA, a business does not sell personal information when a California Resident uses or directs the business to intentionally disclose personal information or uses the business to intentionally interact with a third party, provided the third party does not also sell the personal information, unless that disclosure would be consistent with the provisions of the CCPA. California Residents intentionally provide their personal information to 1-800-Dentist in consideration of receiving a referral to a dentist of their choice through existing business networks that 1-800-Dentist maintains with dentists and dental provider offices.
VI. California Resident Specific Rights under CCPA with respect to Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold by 1-800-Dentist
- California Resident Right to Request. A California Resident has the right to request that 1-800-Dentist disclose certain information about its collection and use of their personal information over the previous twelve (12) months from the date of a California Resident's verifiable request. Upon receipt and confirmation by 1-800-Dentist of a verifiable request from a California Resident, 1-800-Dentist may disclose to the California Resident, or its authorized agent who has requested access to, the following information, subject to certain exceptions, or restrictions where the request or response thereto may conflict with federal or state law:
- The categories of California Resident personal information 1-800-Dentist sells or discloses for a business purpose;
- The categories of California Resident personal information 1-800-Dentist collects;
- The categories of sources for California Resident personal information 1-800-Dentist collects;
- 1-800-Dentist business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Resident personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom 1-800-Dentist sold or disclosed for a business purpose California Resident personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information 1-800-Dentist collected about the California Resident submitting the verifiable request.
- California Resident Right to Request Deletion of its Personal Information. A California Resident has the right to request that 1-800-Dentist delete any personal information that it collected from such California Resident and retained, subject to certain exceptions, or restrictions where the request or response thereto may conflict with federal or state law, within the twelve (12) month period preceding the California Resident's verifiable request. Once 1-800-Dentist receives and confirms a California Resident's verifiable consumer request, 1-800-Dentist will delete (and direct any authorized third party with whom 1-800-Dentist shared such California Resident's personal information as provided for under this Privacy Notice) such California Resident's personal information from its physical and electronic records, unless an exception applies.
1-800-Dentist may deny a California Resident deletion request if retaining the personal information is necessary to:
1.Complete the transaction for which 1-800-Dentist collected the personal information, provide a good or service that California Resident requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of 1-800-Dentist ongoing business relationship with California Resident or otherwise perform 1-800-Dentist contract and/or business relationship/ engagement with California Resident;
2.Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
3.Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
4.Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
5.Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
6.Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if California Resident previously provided informed consent;
7.Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with California Resident expectations based on its business contract and/or business relationship/engagement with 1-800-Dentist;
8.Comply with a legal obligation; and
9.Make other internal and lawful uses of California Resident personal information that are compatible with the context in which California Resident provided it.
- California Resident Verifiable Request. 1-800-Dentist may deny a California Resident an access or deletion request to the personal information collected, disclosed and/or sold by 1-800-Dentist if 1-800-Dentist is unable to verify the identity of the California Resident making the request.
1-800-Dentist will verify the California Resident's identity by either matching the identifying information provided by the California Resident to the personal information of the California Resident already maintained by 1-800 Dentist, or use a third-party identity verification service that complies with the requirements of CCPA. In the event 1-800-Dentist cannot verify the identity of the California Resident from the information already maintained by 1-800-Dentist, 1-800-Dentist may request additional information from the California Resident which shall only be used for the purposes of verifying the identity of the California Resident seeking to exercise their rights under the CCPA, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. To the extent possible, 1-800-Dentist will avoid collecting the types of personal information identified in CCPA Civil Code section 1798.81.5(d), unless necessary for the purpose of verifying the California Resident. Reasonable security measures to protect California Resident personal information will be employed by 1-800-Dentist in collecting, administering and responding to all verifiable requests from California Residents.
Only a California Resident or its agent, defined as a person registered with the California Secretary of State that a California Resident authorizes to act on its behalf, may make a verifiable request. Verifiable requests from California Residents or their agents shall be submitted to 1-800-Dentist by either:
- Calling 1-800-Dentist at the following toll free telephone number: 855-325-1859
- Visiting 1-800-Dentist's website at www.1800dentist.com and submitting a verifiable request to access and/or delete your personal information to: email@example.com.
A verifiable request only applies to personal information concerning California Residents which is maintained by 1-800-Dentist within the 12-month period preceding a California Resident's verifiable request. The verifiable request must: (i) Provide sufficient information that allows 1-800-Dentist to reasonably verify California Resident is the person about whom 1-800-Dentist collected personal information or an authorized agent; and (ii) Describe the request with sufficient detail that allows 1-800-Dentist to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. 1-800-Dentist cannot respond to a California Resident's verifiable request or provide California Resident or authorized agent with personal information if 1-800- Dentist cannot verify the California Resident's identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to California Resident. 1-800-Dentist will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the California Resident's identity or authority to make the request. California Resident is not required to create an account with 1-800-Dentist as a condition of making a verifiable request.
- 1-800-Dentist's Response to California Residents Verifiable Requests
1-800-Dentist endeavors to respond to a California Resident's verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of receipt. 1-800-Dentist will acknowledge receipt of a California Resident's request within ten (10) days and provide information concerning how the request will be processed by 1-800-Dentist and when the California Resident should expect a response, except in instances where 1-800-Dentist has already granted or denied the request. If 1-800-Dentist requires additional time (an additional forty-five (45) days up to ninety (90) days total), 1-800 Dentist will inform California Resident of the reason and extension period in writing. 1-800-Dentist's response will also explain the reasons it cannot comply with a request, if applicable. Any part of a verifiable request from a California Resident that can be complied with will be complied with 1-800-Dentist. For example, 1-800-Dentist is not required to provide a California Resident with access to specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of that personal information, the California Resident's account with the business, or the security of the business’s systems or networks. 1-800 is prohibited under the CCPA from disclosing a California Resident's Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, or security questions and answers in response to a verifiable request for access from California residents or their authorized agents. If California Resident who submitted the verifiable request has an existing account on file with 1-800-Dentist, 1-800-Dentist may deliver its written response to that account. If a California Resident who submitted the verifiable request does not have an account on file, 1-800-Dentist will deliver its written response via mail or electronically to the California Resident. Responses provided by 1-800-Dentist to California Residents electronically shall be portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format.
1-800-Dentist does not charge a fee to process or respond to California Residents verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded, in particular because of a repetitive character i.e. more than twice in a twelve (12) month period for any individual California Resident. If 1-800-Dentist determines that the request warrants a fee, 1-800-Dentist will inform a California Resident why it made that decision and provide California Resident with a reasonable cost estimate before completing the request or 1-800-Dentist may refuse to act on the request, and 1-800-Dentist will notify the California Resident of the reason for refusing the request.
1-800-Dentist will not discriminate against California Residents for exercising any of their CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, 1-800-Dentist will not:
- Deny goods or services;
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest receipt of a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, 1-800-Dentist may offer California Residents certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive 1-800-Dentist may offer in the future will reasonably relate to the personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the financial incentive program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires California Resident prior opt in consent, which may be revoked at any time.
VIII. Privacy Notice Amendments
1-800-Dentist reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at its discretion and at any time. 1-800- Dentist will notify California Residents through a notice on its website(s).
VIV. California Residents Age 16 or Under
1-800-Dentist does not sell nor will it sell the personal information of any California Resident who is age 16 or under. Any future sale of personal information of California Residents age 16 or under will require an amendment to this Privacy Notice informing them of their rights prior to any sale of their personal information by 1-800-Dentist.
X. Contact Information
For questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, the ways in which 1-800-Dentist collects and uses the information described, California Residents' choices and rights regarding such use or wish to exercise rights afforded to them under California law, and alternate formats of this Privacy Notice available to California Residents with disabilities who may not be able to access this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to contact 1-800-Dentist as follows:
- Via our website at www.1800dentist.com: please send us an electronic message at firstname.lastname@example.org.